Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I'm sure it will be on sale at all the big box retailers, staples and so on.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Can also order online from Microsoft and they will ship it to you.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Canadians getting ripped off again?

The Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack cannot be found on the Canadian MS site. On the US site, it's listed for $150 with a free router. They won't ship to Canada. The Canadian site only lists single license upgrades. Even worse, a popular US reseller lists it at $125 but will not ship this product to Canada. The Canadian counterpart has no stock but an enterprising third party has it listed at $296. WTF?!?!?! Thanks MS. You just made my day...terrible. :(

Costco has them for a good price.
Is it still good after paying $50 to join? I don't see it on the Costco web site.

·
Registered
124 Posts
For the Windoze 3 pack, is it an upgrade for people using XP or only Vista? Have 3 PC's at home and would like to upgrade all 3 for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I ended up picking it up at Costco. They beat the best Canadian online price I could find so it's a fair deal. We were overdue for a membership renewal anyway.

is it an upgrade for people using XP or only Vista?
Both. Win7 on an XP system requires a clean install but the upgrade version recognizes XP as a valid upgrade O/S. Vista can be upgraded in place to retain settings.

* System Requirements
Take these with a grain of salt. The O/S will run with those but applications will at least double CPU and RAM requirements.

* Optical Drive
Not Applicable
Good luck installing from a DVD disc with no optical drive. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts