Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep hearing on commercials for wind that they are offering 6 mos free to MOBI customers, what the heck is a MOBI customer? there is no carrier in Canada called mobi, there is no phone called a mobi, and wind is a reputable company they dont use slang ever in their wording, so not sure what a mobi is?

http://www.windmobile.ca/mobi-customers

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The radio commercial they play on the air does not say the terms and conditions, they simply say mobi customers. i heard it 3-4 times and i was confused, imagine what other listeners would think,. my question is how is mobi = moblicity? they arent even spellet remotely simmilar. I would like someone who works for wind, preferably in the advertizing dept to reply.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i asked 10 people who sit near me at work, not one of them knew what that commercial meant when they refer to mobi customers.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the last 6 letters of bell mobility and telus mobility also match too, coincidence?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Perhaps there's something that prevents them from actually saying Mobilicity by name.

As with any ad, people will generally look for more information as there's only so much that can be explained in a 15 second spot.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats why i asked someone from wind to respond. but im sure none of the replies i got are from wind employees.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
There are no Wind reps active here.

Mobi is shorthand for Mobilicity in the same way that Wind is shorthand for WIND Mobile. If you are a Mobilicity customer, then you know what Mobi means. If you are not, then this promo isn't available to you, and so it doesn't matter if you know what it means.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts