Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIND Mobile launched in its sixth market, the Kitchener-Waterloo region today.

In addition to increasing coverage areas, WIND is says its rolling out network upgrades to 4G speeds (HSPA+ up to 21.1Mbps). This upgrade will be available to all WIND customers at no additional cost.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
505 Posts
Initial official coverage is pretty limited, but reports from Cambridge and Guelph show active signal already, so expansion should happen pretty quickly.

There are also towers along the 401 between Cambridge and Hamilton, but they are operating at low power at the moment.
Can you clarify that? The 401 doesn't connect Cambridge and Hamilton. Hwy 8 does, technically. Or am I losing my mind?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was at my sisters place last weekend in Breslau (east of Kitchener) and I could get a weak signal on my phone. Didn't know they were active there already but I was receiving emails from Wind Home on my BB 9700.

Hopefully they keep the expansion up as I'm in Kitchener & Guelph quite often!

·
Registered
505 Posts
You are of course correct, the coverage is along the 401 between Cambridge and Mississauga. I don't get out to the west end much...
I drove out to Kitchener on Wednesday and I can confirm that there is no coverage along the 401. If it exists, then the signal is so low that my phone couldn't pick it up (admittedly, the second cheapest phone Wind sells, but you'd think it would still get a very weak signal).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts