Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my plan to this. It's not on their website but anyone can get it, not just new customers.

Always Shout + Infinite: $40/month:
Canada & US Texting
Canada & US MMA
Unlimited Province Wide Calling
Caller ID
WIND to WIND Calling (Nationwide)
Call Waiting, Forwarding, 3 way calling
Voicemail
Canada Wide Calling
U.S. Long Distance
Global Text Messaging
Data (Infinite BlackBerry/Infinite Mobile)

There's also this plan:

Always Talk & Text: $25/month
Canada & US Texting
Canada & US MMA
Unlimited Province Wide Calling
Caller ID
WIND to WIND Calling (Nationwide)
Call Waiting, Forwarding, 3 way calling

·
Registered
403 Posts
You forgot to add that these plans are available untill Dec. 26th and do not increase ever. You can get Unlimited Everything for $40 for life.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Why would I need "unlimited WIND to WIND" when the plan also advertises "Canada Wide Calling". Or is there an extra fee for that, but you're allowed to call Canada wide (i.e., it's a "feature" that's not a feature)?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the heads up on this one. I was on the Chat plan plus voicemail and unlimited data for $55 per month. I just switched over and now pay $15 less per month, but have unlimited global texting, and unlimited calls. Nice - save $180 per year and have a lot better plan!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Was gonna post this, but forgot :p
I switched Friday when I first heard.
Great Deal.
I was paying for chat+500mb.
For $5 more I now have unlimited everything :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't understand what's so good about iPhones. Androids are better IMO in every way. You can get a Nexus One or Nexus S (which are better phones than iPhone) and it will work on Wind's network.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Please limit your discussion to Wind's latest offerings or your posts will be removed.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
It's not on their website but anyone can get it, not just new customers.
So how does one get it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I jumped on this deal, even brought my wife in on it too. We were both glad to say bye-bye to Rogers and Fido, although they did try to match the deal but couldn't. This type of deal is unheard of in Canada.

We each now use the Samsung Gravity 2 for now. Waiting till all the hype dies down for the Nexus S. Will likely get them early in the new year.

So far the service has been great. It's so nice to know that I can just make a call without worrying what time of day it is. The lack of contract is also nice to have.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not sure how long you've had the gravity's, but unless you really want the keyboard I'd recommend swapping them for nokia's if you're within the 2 weeks.
You'll thank me later.

The gravity isn't the greatest with signal, and they have a common problem of rebooting every once in a while.

The nokia 5230 is the best ~$100 phone they have, IMO. Comes with full GPS + maps, too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the Samsung Gravity 2 under the Wind-tab program, making them virtually disposable, because I intend to replace them with the Nexus S. :p

Seeing how the Nexus S just came out last week, I'm going to give it a month or two for all the hype to fade out and also for stock to stabilize.

My son got the Nokia 5230, and he's happy with it, but I find the display small, compared to the other smart phones out there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts