Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been recording Wimbledon for the past 4 or 5 days but for some reason the last two have been having problems.

Today:

9:20am, recorded for 39min
12:20pm, recorded for 39min
3:20pm, recorded for 2:39min

Yesterday was similar but I watched and deleted the recordings that I did have, assuming it was a one-day glitch. That doesn't seem to be the case.

The actual air times are supposed to be:

7:00am for 3hr (so, I basically got the last 39 minutes)
10:00am for 3hr (last 39 minutes)
1:00pm for 5hr (last 2 hours, 39 minutes)

The channel recorded is 506 (HDTSN) in Guelph.

Recordings from Friday and Saturday last week were fine and I'm also recording the World Cup every day and those recordings are complete.

I'm baffled, and unfortunately I don't think there are any other HD channels that carry the same Wimbledon coverage that TSN is showing.

Is anyone else having similar problems or even successes recording the same coverage on the same channel?

I have an 8300HD PVR with the Rogers 1TB extender (purchased recently but well before these issues started...). I've rebooted the box at least once since this started but will be doing it again later tonight, just in case.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
56,558 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, 57, but I don't think signal strength or quality is the issue, I've had those issues (and the subsequent technician visits, including one within the past month or two) so I know what those are like. The coincidence of all 3 (possibly all 6) recordings starting exactly 2:20 after their scheduled start times and running straight through to the end is too great - this isn't an issue of split recordings, it's an issue of consistently incorrect recording start times even though when playing back the recordings it does show a red (unavailable) bar for the first 2:20 of the recording followed by green right through to the end. If it was a 3-hour recording broken up into 2:20 and 0:40 segments then I'd agree that you're probably right. However, that's not what's happening.

My primary ask is if anyone else is recording Wimbledon on those channels and whether they're having similar issues or if they are recording normally. Hopefully I'm not the only tennis fan reading this forum with a 9-5 job that doesn't allow me to watch the matches live. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've now had a chance to see today's recordings and they're identical to the Tuesday ones (9:20 for 0:39, etc). This is more than coincidence, something's up either with my box or with the specific channel/content. I'd still like a second opinion if anyone is recording Wimbledon or is willing to do so as a test.

I haven't tried manual recordings, no, I'll give that a try tomorrow. I wasn't able to reboot last night since something was recording at the time, I'll do it now to see if anything changes tomorrow and will update this post either way. With the holiday I'll also have a chance to be here during the issues if they continue although not sure how I'll determine what the problem is.

·
Super Moderator
56,558 Posts
I'm not asking you to do a manual recording just a new single recording/recordings, and a reboot. If you have any existing "all episode" Wimbledon recordings, remove them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hadn't read your response at that point but last Thu I decided to record the non-HD coverage as well since the tourney was getting into the later rounds. When I did this I ran against a 3-show conflict in the same timeslot... and perhaps not surprisingly, the recording on 506 was showing a start time 2:20 after the time it was supposed to start. The recordings looked okay in the channel listings (red bars) but were apparently broken in the scheduled recordings themselves.

So, I removed the existing scheduled recordings, re-created them and it was fine for the remaining showings. So, problem solved, although I'm still not sure what caused the issue in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts