Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, do the uei remotes that come with the dct/dcx boxes work on the gateways and portal?

Also, can the gateways be used as the main unit in the living room and have the portals in the bedrooms? I read there are loud fan iusses with the gateway. A lot of home up here in Yellowknife are mobile homes so there is no where to put a gateways other than the living room.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nope. You must have 1 portal per TV.

You don't really want the gateway in the same room as the TV anyway. It's loud when the fans spin up. Especially if you are hyper-aware of repetitive/annoying sounds like me. Repetitive clicks/beeps/whirs/whatever drives me bat poop crazy. Where others don't even notice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For clarity, the gateway unit it self is the brains but has no video outputs on it. It only sends the video signal to portals which are needed for each tv.

Personally I have my gateway in my family room, on my tv stand. I don't hear it at all. I can hear my PS4 spin up, my PC fans bother me for noise, but I don't notice my gateway unit making any noise. I suspect the large room plays a large factor in that though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts