Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a newbie here. I just bought a bunch of used Expressvu stuff plus had some old stuff sitting around. I want to feed 12 receiver tuners. Here's what I have:

2 x 9242 receivers (dual tuners I think)
2 x 6100 receivers
6 x 3100 receivers
Dish with Quad LNB
1 x SW44 Multiswitch
2 x DP34 Multiswithces
3 x SW21 Splitter

I have read all the stickies and am a little confused but think I understand. Can someone with solid satellite install knowledge tell me if plan below will work to provide the 12 receiver feeds needed? I obviously don't want to buy any more stuff if what I have will work.

1. The four lines from Quad LNB feeding four separate SW21 Splitters inputs (lines 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b)

2. From the four SW21 Splitters, the eight line outputs (2 each of 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b) feeding:

SW44 [1a(1), 1b(1), 2a(1), 2b(1)],

1st DP34 [1a(2), 1b(2)],

2nd DP34 [2a(2), 2b(2)]

3. Each multiswitch (SW44, 1st DP34, 2nd DP34) then providing 4 feeds each to 12 tuners.

Am I on target or is some eqpt not compatible? Do I need to buy something different?

I have drawn it out on paper and can email to someone if they give me their email. I can't post pics yet cause I'm a newbie!

Thanks
yellow_boss

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
To start, you can only have 6 receivers on one account. I would keep the 9242s and 6100s, maybe two 3100s and sell the rest. That assumes they all work and can be authorized. (Phone Bell to find out.)

I assume the "quad LNB" is a DP unit. The two DP34s will work with that. The SW44 and SW21s are incompatible with the DP LNB so sell those.

Wiring diagrams for DP LNBs and DP34s switches are in the stickies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read the label on LNBs. One dual says DISH Network Digital LNBF part number 215100-402. The other says Bell ExpressVu Dual LNBF AE 128 CCS2800. Are they DP?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coorection on the DISH Network Digital LNBF part number, it is 214-5100-402. The Bell ExpressVu Dual LNBF AE 128 CCS2800. Legacy I think.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
DP will be a single unit with two 'heads'. It should say DishPro on it. Legacy will be two units with one head each. Considering the rest of the equipment, obtaining a DP LNB would still be the best route. They are cheap on eBay. This had been discussed in detail on existing threads.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Try this setup for Legacy equipment;

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help. I'll search out a DP LNB on ebay along with another DP34 then I should be good to go. Any buyer beware advice for ebay or brand recommendations?

Again, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts