Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: I am thinking of buying the new Oppo BDP-95 player when it comes,but I have a question about streaming Netflix through it to my old Sony 52" rptv. The Netflix site has three makers that instantly stream from Netflix( Samsung,
Toshiba,Insignia).Oppo is not one of them. My wife has Netflix through her lap-top,so being able to watch it on my bigger t.v. would be plus in my book.She has a thing about buying another dvd player,when the one we have works fine,especially when the new one costs $1K plus.Thanks,Keith

·
Registered
145 Posts
On this page it says yes it will have Netflix.

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-95/

I remember reading a thread (Here or AVS?) saying that the bdp-93 will have Canadian Netflix with a patch which I imagine would also be applied to the bdp-95.

If you don't need the higher DACs, I'm sure the bdp-93 will be more than sufficient though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi:
I have decided to go with the new Oppo BDP-95 when it comes out and according to Oppo, there will be some firmware to support Netflix in the future, not that this is my main "must have' option right now,but I just hope the picture quality will be satisfactory on my 10 year old Sony 53" rptv,way overkill,I know on the video side,but I will have a nice blu-ray player if and when my Sony dies. Thanks,Keith

·
Registered
31 Posts
The firmware for the BDP-95 and BDP-93 are identical, so when Oppo is certified for Netflix.ca (hopefully) this month, it will work on both. The US version is already live, but has some issues with the current implementation of the QDEO chip. Also will be fixed as new FW come out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts