Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems that the channel is going to start broadcasting on 15th October and the google search for Vidoetron + GolTV returns only the CRTC rejection of the service, will anyone be able to confirm that GolTV indeed won't be on Videotron at least in the foreseeable future???
The NFL Sunday ticket Yes/No/Yes/No ad infinitum fiasco pretty much made me unsubscribe, if they're not gonna carry GolTV as well and SC or Expressvu takes it, count me an ex-cable customer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the launch date is in a month's time, and still no smarter about wether the channel will be available on Videotron, CS clerks seems not to have a clue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, usually CSR's at Videotron seem to get the training as a product is launched. A week before illico was launched, I called to inquire about Digital cable packages and the CSR not only didn't know the launch date, but didn't understand what Digital Cable / Cable Numeric was...3 reps kept insisting I was talking about Videoway. Unless it is out (and out for a few days), you usually won't get anyone even understanding what you are talking about. Keep an eye on the Press Releases section of their website; that's where I usually get my info so I can send the CSR there when they do launch something as proof. I suppose it's easier not to give out teh info before something is launched, than to have to explain to customers if a new channel or service launches later than expected -- but it's infuriating that the Service Reps are so unknowledgable sometimes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well, seems like I'll be changing providers. The CS I called didn't know what I was talking about and that 20 days after the launch of the channel. I'm going to ExpressVue the moment they strike the carriege deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case anybody cares, I was told that a carriage deal is likely to be struck before the end of the month and we could expect GolTV on Videotron starting March.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts