Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, this may have been covered, but I'm curious about the very latest on this subject. I reside in Canada and I've been using an old X-Act XTR-1 for 6 years now on a US subscription. The unit was bought and brought into service before Sirius Canada even existed. It's time to replace the unit with a newer model. I see that Canadian Tire has the Starmate 5 on for $49.99 and it has some nice features. My question is if activate this new Canadian unit with my Sirius USA online account, will the new radio operate properly and will all US programing show up as it does on the old unit. Will I get automatically slammed into Sirius Canada programming:mad:? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have gone almost to the end of the online US activation process using the SIN of a Canada-bought Starmate 5, and the only restriction seems to be that you can't get à-la-carte programming.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Question has been asked a lot of times and the answer has always been, yes you can do it. Search around if you need more details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts