Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Will Bell Aliant Deal To Get Your Business?

8K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Stefer 
Speaking of a person who never haggles price on anything, not even cars, I find it interesting that people believe companies should discount prices to certain people. I know it is done all the time, but it just seems fundamentally unfair to me.

I purchased the FibreOp bundle, at the asking price, and my way of thinking is that is the price. I don't think the company should be offering the same package to anyone else at a reduced price without offering it to everyone.
The problem is that people are willing to pay different prices for the same thing.

Rogers is giving me a discount on my TV, because I was going to cancel to get Aliant TV on FibreOp due to the price. But since I like Rogers TV service more, the discount fixed the price problem and I'm still a Rogers customer for TV.

So they get over $60 from me a month (and try to pitch their other services). Or they could insist on charging full price and get $0 out of me. For them, this is easy math.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.