Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I find it very helpful. :)

I currently have a fairly modest home theatre setup consisting of a Yamaha receiver (can't remember the exact model, I think it's the RX-V695) and two Paradigm Monitor 9's for fronts. I love the sound of the paradigms and I run them in pure stereo mode.

We watch a lot of cable TV shows and although the sound is WAY better than that coming from the TV speakers, some shows (especially Grey's anatomy) have terrible sound in that the dialog gets totally lost in the music. It's very annoying.

Will getting a good quality centre speaker help with this problem? I am not planning on getting surrounds anytime soon. I am just looking for something that will separate the dialog from the music/environment sounds. Seeing as most cable shows broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1, this should work out nicely, right?

Regards,
McFly

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yes. No question about it. The centre channel is likely the most important one - usually most costly than the others (except perhaps for the sub). Get a good centre speaker and the dialog will pop out. You will also be able to adjust volume levels so that you can make the dialog even louder if required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts