1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wii is more fun on a large screen TV which are also mostly HDTVs. That is why it is more popular than PS3/XBox360 on HDTV. Remember Wii has lots of interactive games for more than one person and having a large screen in a common room is ideal.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the Wii being more family orriented would suggest that it may end up in the living room where many casual gamers have thier HDTV. Other systems may just be in different rooms on smaller less expensive TV's. I think a more important poll would be to see how many ppl actually use thier HDTV for gaming or if they use a different tv for it.

personally i don't put my gaming equip in the living room or family room with my main used TV. I'd never get to play it. Which is why my HDTV is in the basement along with my gaming equip.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find the PS3 can be played on small screens but the Wii gets even better on a big screen because you are not always sitting down when you play it and often you have split screen so the bigger screen really is a benefit.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I find the PS3 can be played on small screens but the Wii gets even better on a big screen because you are not always sitting down when you play it and often you have split screen so the bigger screen really is a benefit.
Definitely better on the big screen. We don't have kids and the Wii is our first console (lots of computers and other stuff though :) ) so it happily sits in our living room on the 52" TV.

I can't imagine playing Mario Kart split screen on a small TV. Some of the other games perhaps......even though the image is not HD, big is definitely better :)

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Sony PS2 still outsold the PS3 last year so I imagine there is a huge number of legacy game consoles out there that are getting hooked up to the new set. The percentage difference between PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 is so small that statistically I would call it a tie with a slight edge to the Wii

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Seems kind of irrelevent. The Wii sells more than any other console. If Ipsos-Reid spent money on a survey of people with SDTV's (or who plan on buying an SDTV), they'd probably find out the majority are hooking up (or planning to hook up) a Wii.

Or maybe I'm not reading this data right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
wii

The Wii is also the cheapest of the 3 consoles...if you can find one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the success of the Wii is from the Wiimote. PS3 or Xbox can emulate the motion sensor for some particular games, but they might not like the idea that they are running after the Wii !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, they seem to be implying that Wii is HD, when it's ED at best.

"This makes the Nintendo console the most popular console for high-definition gamers"

Having a Wii doesn't make you a HD gamer, just like having a HDTV doesn't make you a gamer. It may be the most used console on HDTV's, but that's about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts