Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I use the rocket stick for internet access at home. I also have a Nintendo Wii. Does anybody know if it is possible to use the stick with a Wii? Does the stick, when connected act as a WIFI connection for devices close to the stick, perhaps?

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
the rocket stick requires you to run a "connection manager" and connect, for it to go online, on your nintendo Wi or wii, it may not recognize the connection manager software or may not understand how to execute it, so chances are, it may not connect to the internet, rocket stick uses HSPA, nothing to do with wifi,. if you want wifi, get a wifi usb stick, theyre completely seperate items.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
you may need to just connect your wii to a regular ethernet connection.

i thought wii had wifi built-in? no?

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can use most USB internet sticks with a 3G router. I use one from Craddlepoint with a stick from another carrier, but the Rogers stick will also work. This gives you wifi to any of your wifi devices.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
he's talking about pluggin in the rocket stick into his nintendo wi or wii, and getting wifi, it does not work that way, firstly the nintendo wii wont connect to the rocket stick, secondly, the wifi is sold seperately for the nintendo wi

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no. i do not want to plug the rocket stick into the nintendo, as I realize it will not work. I'm just wondering if there exists a method of turning the rocket stick's internet connection into a local wifi connection (ie does the stick have a transmitter?) without having to spend a lot of money on a new router.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
yes, its called the rocket hub from rogers, or the mifi. one of those 2 devices should do the trick you plug your rocket stick into them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts