Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
Shaw's PVR is designed specifically for Shaw's cable TV system. It uses different technology from telco TV or satellite TV.

·
Super Moderator
56,866 Posts
Because it's a totally different technology, using different hardware and different firmware. You can't tune the FM band with an AM radio for example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sure will be expensive to convert to telus tv from shaw being that I have to buy all new pvr's and boxes. would be nice if I could use the ones I have already purchased. :(:(

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
One of the best features of Mediaroom on Telus TV is that you only need 1 PVR and can play programs from the PVR on any Set Top Box.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Curby you could likely resell your shaw boxes on sites like kijiji,craigslist or used(yourcity).com etc and cover most of the telus box prices. Heck a 3 year contract and the pvr is free for the 3 years, Purchase prices right now are $399 for the pvr and $199 for the other boxes so still much better pricing than shaws.

·
Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
ctown6412, according to the Telus site the PVR is currently $249.50 and the HD digital box is $149.25 until at least August 3, 2010.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Closing as OP question answered.

Summary: PVR's from Cable company's are not compatible with IPTV providers (or satellite tv providers for that matter)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.