·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
^^^^
Perhaps this has something to do with the new companies coming on the market.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Virgin called me 2 days ago to tell me that my PAYG phone was expired. If I was to top up, they'd give me 50% of what amount I topped it too, back. That's a good deal.v:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
The big three's idea of competition is to raise their price when their competitor does it first. "To bring us in line with our competition" is a phrase I remember reading a few times to justify a price hike.

It will be interesting to see what a newcomer like Windmobile will bring to the market. They already tried and failed to get rid of them because of their foreign ownership.

Unfortunately, in Quebec, the newcomer is Videotron. So we'll end up with a big four instead of a big three.

·
Registered
161 Posts
" price war? "

Canada still has a thousand miles to go to get to the competitive market of the U.S. . Consider Vir. Mobile, when I started with them in late 2006 their per minute basic rate was 25 cents, then it went to 30c and is now at a ridiculous rate of 35 cents. You can get the rate down to 10 cents per minute but it will cost you $10 per month. Compare that to Net 10 which charges a flat 10c per minute and that includes all domestic long distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts