Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts
There are some classic movies that I would LOVE to own, and I DO happen to own them, for myself, my own library of movies which I can play over and over and never get tired of. The Godfather Trilogy happens to be one of them. for starters, I don't believe you can watch the Godfather on streaming services right now, secondly, you can watch it offline no need for lan cables and smart tvs and all this just pop in the blue ray disc and press play

thirdly, if it does ever come to a streaming platform like netflix it will be for a limited time only. my friend really liked this movie ,cant remember the name but he came over once and we tried to find it and it was gone already. this goes for spotify, they pull stuff from their servers too on occasion.
I don't have any LAN cables connected to my home theatre. I have a single device which connects to wifi (as does my blu-ray player) connected to the TV.

The Godfather Trilogy is on Prime Video. You can also purchase it through iTunes, Google Play Movies, the Microsoft Store, or Cineplex and stream it that way. Though it's absolutely true that even if you own a license to stream those movies through one of those services, there's a chance that you lose access one day. For me, the trade-off of losing the clutter of a gazillion CD, DVD, and blu-ray cases is worth it.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I am glad when we were growing up we did not purchase a Gazilion CDs and DVDs and Blue Rays. We truely only own a small fair sized amount nothing that is horder level. This is one good thing my parents taught me, and also when growing up I was learning that VHS was going to be phased out and replaced by other technologies and im glad i convinced my parents not to purchase VHS casettes of movies they love. its nice to own a small amount, for off-line watching instead of constantly having to stream something, streaming is nice and is the way of the future, but yeah it also another way for the big film-co's to suck more money out of us without us realizing

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, I'm aware. At this point, I treat newspapers like the Star as charities and will pay money to support them. For example, although Apple News+ includes the Toronto Star, I have a separate $15/month subscription to their website/dedicated app.
While I respect your point of view, I can only wish for them to go bankrupt...to each their own, I guess.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
While I respect your point of view, I can only wish for them to go bankrupt...to each their own, I guess.
I doubt Apple will go bankrupt - and if it does, the businesses would be resold, and perhaps split up.

No doubt there'll streaming one way or another.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you for sparing us from your "unflattering speculations" (which I'm pretty sure would be wrong anyway), and no I was not talking about Apple. I do, however, agree that we should stay on-topic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts