Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a member with less than 10 posts, you will have your posts scanned automatically by our forum software prior to your post appearing on the forum.

The computer will scan your post for weblinks and a list of keywords such as sex, free and other common "spam" words. The list is longer but we keep which words are scanned for a secret!
  • If no weblinks or spam words are found in your post then it will appear immediately.
  • If links or spam words are found in your post then it will be placed in the moderation queue for manual review.
After manual review, legitimate posts will be approved and appear on the forum. Of course, if it's spam it will be deleted.

I regret that this action has to be taken but I think most members can appreciate why it is being done.

To avoid the filters my first advice is to not post links or email addresses. The vast majority of 1st time posters that post links and email addresses are spammers hence why we scan for them. If we are in doubt, we simply delete the post to avoid any problems for our members.

Second, avoid "spammy" words like "Free" and "sex" which are often used by spammers.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An addded note.

If your first post or second post is something like "gee i got a great deal at xyz electronics at www.xyzelectroix.ca" then you can pretty much guarantee we will disallow your post.

This may seem unfair but the truth the vast majority of posts like this are spammers or "buzz agents" who are simply pretending to be consumers and pushing their products or stores.

There are some honest folks whose first post is a ringing endorsement of a particular company or product but its impossible for us to know hence why we are forced into just deleting first time posts that appear to be nothing more than shilling for a particular product or company.

We are trying to make the forums as "spam free" as possible so please understand that we believe its in everyone's best interest to be pro-active in spam prevention.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Just to add, it is possible that your post may have been accepted but also moved within the forums.

If you lose track of where your post has gone, simply go to the DHC Quick Links menu and pull down to "My Posts". Another method is to go to one of your previous posts anywhere on the DHC site and click on your own user name to the left to get to the "Find More Posts By..." menu item

1 - 3 of 3 Posts