Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Why is Videotron HD offering so mediocre? (Le Mans)

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  paba 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a normal def videotron subscriber and I'm shopping for a HD signal and every other week, videotron gives me a reason to change.... This weekend the 24Hr Le Mans race is in HD on ExpressVu (uncut, live) and no where to be see or even mentioned on Videotron, despite having a french candian driver participating.

Are they too comfortable? We need to highlight here for all to see in hopes that they start being more competitive.

disappointed
paba

#2 ·
Videotron looking to be more competitive? Don't hold your breath. They've always been behind the competition, and will remain in such way until their subscription base decreases and they lose their semi-monopoly, and have no other choice but actually, you know, giving subscribers what others already offer.

Let's not forget that they were not planning to add the new Astral French HD stations when they were to be made available until subscribers called and email their disatisfaction with such news, essentially forcing them to add the channels. That was rather pathetic.

I have been requesting channels and sports packages already available on Rogers, ExpressVu and Cogeco for 2-3 years, and nothing happens. And nothing will.

#3 ·
Too bad for
Jacques
that it wasn't the 22 hours of Le Mans. Anyway, I hope he comes back next year. I just finished watching the last 3 hours on Speed (SD). Home town boy does well, as well.

BEV may have had an exclusive on the HD coverage. I don't believe Rogers had it either - had a quick look around the dial after seeing this thread and recorded the last 3 hours on Speed, which covered most of the race.

#4 ·
The 24h LeMans race was exclusively broadcast entirely by Bell Express Vu. This was the first time in LeMans' race history. However, the show didn't have any comments, and you only had the images and sound taken from the race site.

Videotron has nothing to do with your rant! ;)

#5 ·
Ok I respect, exclusive rights, but that just proves that some providers are willing to purchase rights and offer something different unique. It appears to me that videotron is passive and just gets by with the minimum offering possible at least in terms of channel choices and HD content.

My point remains, I'm shopping for a HD provider and I have to factor what all the players in my market offer to make my choice exclusive or not.

Why don't they stand out by offering HBO for example? Blame the CRTC right.
Not to mention their criminal pricing on some ethic channels.(but this is off topic, sorry).

cheers
paba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.