Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I renewed my contract for another 3 years and got a samsung advance(SGH-A885) for free. Now I'm sure this model has a software problem. When you use the "converter" in tools menu, you get a totally wrong anser. It tells you " 1M=0.083inchs..." or " 1kg=0.0625oz...".......
It's even worse that when I called telus,telus told me I should call samsung.
I called samsung,I got the same answer--call telus.....
So what's wrong with this two partners? who's gonna take responsbility for the product?
I tried to look for any update on samsung's webside, but nothing.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
the responsibility is on who is the manufacturer of the hardware. Samsung makes the product, therefor, its their responsibility.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
^^^^
Unless the vendor agrees to provide support.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Vendor support is a contractual agreement which is classified as "supplimentary" and does not "replace" the original warranty terms of service.

For example, if telus started offering an OTC replacement program, the customer still has a choice to ship the device off to the manufacturer thus bypassing the otc program and having the manufacturer do the repair, just as if the OTC program did not exist.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Samsung & Telus

Samsung is too busy pushing out new phones to support the ones already sold. Example is my Omnia i910--Win 6.1 PRO. Hasn't been an update since purchase--long ago!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts