• Motorola

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 5.5%
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
this is my second Samsung phone have the s3 now had the infuse, works great has android on it so makes it flexible. my wife prefers her iPhone but i could care less about being restricted on what i can do with my phone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
After using iPhones (all of them) for 5 years, I switched to a Nokia Lumia 920. I'm very pleased with WP8 and the hardware as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Motorola. No more plastic toys from HTC. And certainly looks like the poll was prepared by an iOS fan, who brainwashed to associate Android with HTC and Sammy only.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Used blackberry for 6 years, switched to Samsung last fall and have been loving it.
I loved my blackberry too, but was just becoming old tech, needed something newer.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
I use a Samsung device, but only because they happened to make a Nexus phone when I needed a new smartphone. My previous phone was HTC for the same reason, and if I was buying today I would be buying an LG device.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I have a Google Nexus One, which was made by HTC. Works fine.

·
Registered
959 Posts
How come no choice to select "none"?
Is it just assumed that everybody has a smartphone?

That would be wrong :)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I've been a fan of Samsung's phones. Easy enough to flash custom roms to (unlike my experience with HTC phones). I also like that Samsung is still including microSD card slots.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love that my iPhone just works, and works with the most up to date software. I got it two years ago, and I was able to load iOS6 the day it was available in a couple of taps. That said it's not perfect, but compared to my wife's Galaxy S2 (also two years old) that she has for work, the iPhone is far superior. The Galaxy is constantly crashing (good thing you can pull the battery!), has a terrible user interface that stutters and freezes, and cannot be upgraded to the new Andriod release (tried to upgrade it to a slightly newer release, but it was a nightmare of a process and then other things started going wrong like app updates stopped working with a package file error, wireless wouldn't connect and blah blah blah... anyway her IT support people couldn't figure out so did a factory reset back to previous version) . I find the Galaxy is very restricting because of all it's shortcommings. Literaly hunderds of hours have been spent supporting that phone.

·
Registered
380 Posts
As someone who carried an iPod around all the days I used to have a crappy flip phone, getting the iPhone seemed the obvious next step.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Been in the cell game for years.

Mitsubishi (analogue) -> Ericsson (analogue) -> Samsung (digital, clamshell) -> BlackBerry 8700 (refurb unlocked) -> Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Some fun comments on each:

Mitsubishi: Great phone for me but everyone else hated it and the store said it was a nightmare. :)

Ericsson: Worked well. Didn't show "roam" like the Mitsubishi.

Samsung: XTG426 (if I remember correctly) Great phone at the time.

BlackBerry 8700: The thing just worked extremely well except the scroll wheel just got too gnarly to use...

Samsung Galaxy SIII: Very new to me, works very well. Software is the greatest limitation. Virtual keyboard needs a "TAB" key.... :)

Cameron

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've had lots of phones in the past as well. But as for smart phones, used to have an LG Android that just simply ran out of memory otherwise was a good phone. Now the wife and I both have Galaxy S3's. Love the heck out them. Keep discovering new apps and options on these things all the time. Never get tired of them.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts