Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a 42" Pany plasma in my living room. I have had it for about a year now, and the glare drives me crazy. It is a bright room with east facing windows. It also faces the dining room and kitchen where I get some glare form light fixtures, etc. the TV works great other than the glare, but I was thinking that perhaps getting an LED/LCD would be a better choice, because they seem to eat glare pretty much.

Am I on the right track? I would Like to take advantage of some boxing day sales.

Thanks in advance!!:)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
LCD/LED as long as it has a matte screen or if it has a good anti-glare properties. Many newer/high-end LCD/LED's have reflective screens now.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
IIRC, the smaller Sammy 6xx's have a matte screen - matte is certainly a necessity for any unmitigated ambient light
(my 55", OTOH, has a reflective one - but it's downstairs)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

Of course we've had glare on the TV screen since the late 1940's ... and now it's a problem? :D

regards

·
Super Moderator
11,129 Posts
Not all anti-glare/anti-reflective screens are the same. When I got my Panny plasma there was a long discussion about a certain basic model that was exclusive to a store that had the better AR coating. Read up on this and then lets you eyes see for yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts