Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

If you had a choice between a Pace Tahoe TDC775, Motorola DCT 3416 or Motorola DCT 6416 Phase 3, which one would you choose and why? I have this choice and am trying to decide which one I should get? (also if you were going to get two of these three which two would you get and there is only one of each box for this choice)

Thanks. I value all your opinions.
Shawguy

·
Registered
737 Posts
No matter what you do, do NOT take Tahoe. Ever! 3416 and 6416 are very similar. Difference being 6416 can use analog and digital signal, while 3416 only digital. I think 3416 is somewhat newer model, but I don't think it really matters. For most users they will perform same.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In terms of noise.... is the tahoe or the 6416 louder? From what I have read on here... the 3416 is pretty quiet, I know that one is a good choice

·
Registered
507 Posts
On startup the 3416 sounds like a jet engine. Somewhere in the updating/guide loading process it goes all but silent. Just don't put another warm component with it... when I had my Xbox 360 next to it in the cabinet and turned on the 3416's fan would start ramping up and down every few seconds. On really hot days (like when it's 30C inside) the fan will start cycling as well.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Go with either of the Motorolas. Less buggy and the Expander works on both of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts