Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I was hoping for a little insight on my future OTA setup. I am looking at building a GH antenna but I'm not sure which one would be best. I was thinking I would need a GH with Narods since channel 13 would be nice to have, but I didn't know if a regular GH would be able to receive it. Since I have so few channels available, what am I likely to be able to receive with an antenna? Are the channels spaced close enough together to be able to receive them with one antenna not on a rotor? With regards to the path, I understand the LOS reception and tropo, but how does the 2 edge affect things. Here is my tvfool.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d3cf45af031d918

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I was thinking I would need a GH with Narods since channel 13 would be nice to have, but I didn't know if a regular GH would be able to receive it.
Regular GH probably won't do. your 13 is coming from the opposite direction than the non-gray colored UHFs which leads me to suggest that you build one of the GH*n. They have more vhf-hi gain from the back than from the front.

Since I have so few channels available, what am I likely to be able to receive with an antenna? Are the channels spaced close enough together to be able to receive them with one antenna not on a rotor? With regards to the path, I understand the LOS reception and tropo, but how does the 2 edge affect things.
Your non-gray channels are close enough, 2edge makes the reception uncertain, i guess, you'll just have to try. The gray channels are gray for area for me. (i dont get any of the grays in my tvfool)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts