Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started looking and now a little confused, I went to future shop to look for a new 60" TV, they wanted to sell me a Sharp AQUOS Quattron 60" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (LC60LE810UN), on sale for $2199.99
or the Sony BRAVIA 60" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV** (KDL60EX703) for $1979.99 both on sale.
I saw other 60" LCD's there for alot cheaper, is it worth paying the difference for a LED, any others I should be looking at, $2000 + is more than I want to spend.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

The viewing angles on the sharp are likely the worst of the two by a lot. The out of the box color of many of these new sharps just looks wrong. The only way to fix it is through a lot of test patterns ...

Tweaked out, they start to look normal ... but the Sony looks normal out of the box ...

Is LED worth paying more for? IS a BMW worth paying more for? A LExus? Some say yes some say no ... who is right?

regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael TLV
What is the difference between 120Hz and 240Hz? is there another brand anyone would recommend in the 60" HD.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

I don't think LG or Samsung make sets in the 60" size so that leaves them out. I've seen a 65" Samsung LED one.

120 vs 240 .. better for live sports broadcasts ... (maybe) but only on motion in the horizontal level ... as in left to right ... and not up down. May not do anything for diagonal motion either.

Does pretty much nothing for movies ... and that's the way you want it. Nothing.

regards

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
"is it worth paying the difference for a LED"

Only if you are getting a full array local dimming led lcd, but you are paying a premium for these sets. Otherwise the led edge lit sets have worse screen uniformity and offer next to nothing over a conventional lcd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts