Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the Logitech Squeezebox Touch media player in the Toronto area. The SB Radio and the SB Boom seem to be available, but not the Touch. (There is one retailer I know of that has it, but the company is deemed a spammer on DHC.)

I'm doing a media server project involving the transfer of CDs to VortexBox, and the Squeezebox Touch is needed. A previous version - "Classic" - will also do the job.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
569 Posts
$250+free shipping (to US addr.) on Amazon's US site vs. $300+shipping from Logitech.

If you can defer purchase until you're IN the US, you can save border fees by picking up yourself from UPS store or other parcel handling service. Might still have to pay taxes, but YMMV depending on personal exemptions.

I've purchased all but one of my five SB's in the US. Recently picked up another BOOM for $187 and still find them at that price vs. $375 reg, $325 'on sale' (LMAO) at home. I travel often for business/personal reasons, so exemptions mean zero taxes on the way home: what's not to like about lower prices, free shipping and no taxes? :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. There's a Toronto dealer having a "special" for $300 + tax this week. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I grabbed a SqueezeBox Touch in the US today (Black Friday); $250 tax-incl. :)

BTW, the BOOM is $169, Duet $250 both w/ free shipping on Amazon right now, that's ~50% off the best price I've ever seen in Canada.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, apn. Amazon won't ship this item to a Canadian address. :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
thanks, apn. Amazon won't ship this item to a Canadian address. :(
True enough, with logitech.ca asking $350+13%, they're clearly controlling distribution to protect those juicy Canuck margins ;)

I get all my bounty shipped (usually free) into a US address and pickup during my frequent business/personal ventures. With excemptions, I usually don't pay taxes on the way home.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where in the US?

Hey Guys

Can you tell me where in the US you are buying these? I live close to the border and would love to purchase the Touch at a sub $300. price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Watch Amazon, since they often have great sales on SqueezeBox products. I generally keep a BOOM in my shopping cart's "for later" section, so I can see price changes.

I've also purchased from Electronics Expo in New Jersey. It's an Amazon affiliate, but you can also buy directly from their site and unlike Amazon, items shipped out of state don't attract sales tax ;)

Crutchfield also sells SqueezeBox, but I don't recall them having good prices.

Failing the above, eBay often has a healthy supply of new and used product. 1 of my 6 Squeezeboxes was purchased (new) on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts