Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bell MTS is official now. So it should be a sub forum of Bell Canada just like how Bell Alient is, no? I would think so.the question is When will the. Administration make the change? They still have not even renamed wind to freedom yet and merged it into Shaw so my guess is it could be a while, no?

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
We won't make any changes until MTS does. I'm not sure if we will keep it as a separate forum or merge it into the Bell structure.
Bell has now obtained all regulatory approvals required to complete the transaction and launch Bell MTS on March 17, 2017.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On a related question will Xplornet be getting its own Wireless forum once they start getting their share of Cell customers from MTS?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Today is the day, MTS is officially renamed BellMTS, the MTS part is now in the Bell font too, and not the existing mts font, kind of like how BellAliant has it. Very interesting. So when are we going to see a new MTS logo on here, uhh I mean BellMTS logo

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would not hold my breath....things move veeerrrrryyyy slowly here on DH.:wink

The Wind mobile forum has not been renamed and it has formally been Freedom Mobile since November.

For that matter, Shaw bought Wind a little over a year ago now, and it has not been merged under the Shaw thread either.

·
Super Moderator
56,434 Posts
Actually, most things happen very fast around here. We discuss them in the background and a decision is make very quickly about the vast majority of things.

What keeps the forum headings from being changed is how the search engines work and what impact those would have on the forum. I didn't realize this myself until this topic came up a year or two ago.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Good point. Just google some events and try to follow links to newspaper/magazine articles. A lot have not woken up to the fact that they should use unique web addresses for all their articles so links don't get broken. Still paper based, narrow thinking on their part. Keeping search results is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts