Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same old for Gatineau

I know that I, along with a few others, are sounding like a broken record since last year, but really, it is very frustrating hearing about new HD channels being constantly added to Videotron's network while Gatineau is left in the dark, YET we pay the same fees as everyone else in Québec for HD! I already contacted Videotron about this last year, and I plan on doing so again this week. I suggest you do the same. I also think we should start up a petition to have this unfairness resolved by receiving a temporary discount for Gatineau residents for HD until they fix our outdated and clogged up network in Gatineau.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HD in Gatineau - UPDATE

Hello, I wrote to Videotron after posting here this morning, and got a reply very quickly! Here it is :

Thank you for having taken the time to write to us.

However, space requirements on bandwidth in these sectors remained limited, which did not allow us to offer these channels in high definition yet.

Starting March 16th, the analog service will no longer be available in the Gatineau area for new subscribers which will give digital subscriber more space to add more channels.

Therefore, the changes are coming and these channels should be available very soon in
your area.

We thank you for your patience.

I then followed up with them and got the following reply :

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us.

According to the information we currently have, the missing HD channels in your area would be added later on in the year, either at the end of the summer or at the begining of the fall.

Thank you for your understanding. Do not hesitate to contact us again for any further information you may need. Our customer service department will be pleased to answer you as soon as possible.

So no more whining from us unhappy Gatineau customers every time new HD channels are coming, as we should be up to speed with the rest of QC by the fall (if they live up to their promise!).

·
Registered
30 Posts
re: HD in Gatineau - UPDATE

Great! ... it's about time they get their act together ... Gatineau is the 4th biggest city in the province after all.

http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/hlt/97-550/Index.cfm?TPL=P1C&Page=RETR&LANG=Eng&T=302&SR=1&S=3&O=D&RPP=25&PR=24

"However, space requirements on bandwidth in these sectors remained limited ..."

Why don't they start by eliminating all the useless channels ... for example, do we really need 4 Rogers Sportsnet channel showing the same stuff at the same time?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where did you get this information regardin Camp Fortune? Because I heard about this a few years ago, and was not paying for HD, yet I got tired of waiting for the broadcasters to set up their HD feeds at Camp Fortune and got Videotron. So if you could provide some proof of your claim, I would be very grateful! Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check out his link, we already are getting HD chanels over the air, I got rid of Videotron got Shaw direct and hooked up a homemade antenna for my local stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts