Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

March for some and could be as late as sept for others.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I am waiting for a couple of weeks and hope to see some new tvs out there, because I got a replacement credit. Does anyone have any ideas on a 40"-47" tv does not matter what kind.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm also waiting anxiously for the 2011's to hit the stores. I want to see what LG is offering this year for plasma displays. Has anybody seen them in the wild yet :)

Congo

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
calscouch "Samsung models should hit the stores week 12."

I sure hope so. For the past two months I've been dropping into the local electronic stores to ask when will they be getting the new Samsung Smart TVs. The staff do not seem to know what a Smart TV is so I tell them that according to the Samsung website it enables a TV to connect to the Internet without having to buy an additional device. Then they say they don't know of any current HDTV that can do this and suggest I should buy a Blu-ray player and use the LAN portal to get the Internet.
My wife is adamant that there is no more room for any additional devices as we already have a PVR, a DVD, a Sound Bar, and a Media Player hooked up to the set along with all the tangle of wires and cables that go with them. However, she is willing to purchase a Smart set. The main reason I want one is to subscribe to Netflix and view Youtube on the Net.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Greetings

It appears that the earthquake in Japan will delay the arrival of some models ... as late as sept/oct now.

regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts