Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For those wondering what you can do for a defense against the COPPA YouTube restrictions, you can take a look at this video and the links in its description. Those links can provide somethings that can help. If you could also spread this 2 as many people as possible b4 Dec 9, it would be truly gr8fully appreciated 馃檪

The Confusing Truth About The COPPA And YouTube Problem - YouTube

Registered
meh! boring. its just a silly YouTube channel, if it gets deleted big whoop, find something else to do with your time like maybe find a job or something

Registered
well when you don't make the money you want at one job what do people normally do? find something else right? sounds pretty straight forward to me. I did not like my first job at Macdonalds, so I left and found a better job at Burger King instead and was way happier, plus i did not have to clean toilets anymore. people have such sense of entitlements now a days, let it go will ya?

Registered
Do you even understand what is happening? They like what they're doing. Many of them get paid well for what they're doing. Now, due to a questionable implementation of U.S. government legislation, YouTube is going to make it harder for them to attract followers and funding. If the government said people in your profession had to be trained and licensed and the industry unilaterally decided that training/licensing would cost you $20,000 a year would you "let it go"?

Registered
happens all the time. the former Ontario provincial government passed a certain bill 2 years ago which affected a certain industry I was working in, the legislation meant my job was no longer in existence, I did what anyone else did, PACK MY BAGS AND MOVE ON AND FIND ANOHTER JOB. life sucks, its not always fair, pack your bags and move on like everyone else. you cant fight and win with the government

Registered
happens all the time. the former Ontario provincial government passed a certain bill 2 years ago which affected a certain industry I was working in, the legislation meant my job was no longer in existence, I did what anyone else did, PACK MY BAGS AND MOVE ON AND FIND ANOHTER JOB.
Passive citizens such as yourself who just roll over and take it are any government's dream.

life sucks, its not always fair, pack your bags and move on like everyone else. you cant fight and win with the government
First, this is not the government - this is YouTube's interpretation of how to implement a government regulation. Second, protests against government regulation, proposed or otherwise, certainly do work. Look up "Clipper chip" and SOPA for two examples. My guess in this case is that the FCC will issue some "guidance" that will let Youtube cover its behind while leaving most channel owners unaffected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts