Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on sunday i called to switch over to Optik High Speed Turbo. The lady said it would be done today.This is what it was pretty much like with just Optik High Speed. Maybe they forgot to switch it to turbo today. And this is with all TV's off all so.

should i not be getting more then 13mbps?

and there site says for Turbo yo get up to 25mbps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i did what you said i rebooted the router telus gave me left it off for about 20ses, this morning and i get this with only one Tv on.

I dont think it should be this bad?

·
Registered
79 Posts
you get UPTO "25mbits/sec".. so the speeds your getting is fine.

your probably to far away from the co to get anything better then that consistantly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya but iam getting the same speeds as i was when i had just high speed.

If turbo is the same speed as my high speeds whats the point in me upgrading?

·
Super Moderator
16,893 Posts
@NameLess-Poster, the only way to accurately test your internet speed is with no TV streams active. You should also test with a wired connection to be sure.

The fact that you get 14 Mbps with 2 TVs on indicates that the line is capable of more than 15 Mbps.

If you still don't get more than 15 Mbps with no TVs on, then follow up with Telus to make sure the change was made.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iam going to call them today and see what is wrong i hook up my ps3(wired) did a test connection and iam only getting 12.5mbps.

With no TV's on URG!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so after spending 2hrs on the phone with them...They find out that then had me down for turbo but they never swtich me over lol

Now my speeds are

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another Question due to wireless!

So when telus came over they installed there router, the grey or siliver one with the antenna. Which is in the basement laptop is on the first floor. i get from 14.47mbps to 15.20mbps is there a way to make my d/l speeds faster?

When i plug my laptop into the router i get from 21-25mbps.

I have optik high speed turbo.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Which is in the basement laptop is on the first floor.
What does that mean. I really have no idea what your issue is.

It's impossible to help you if you don't proofread what you are asking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something weird is going on with my wireless

ok so my wireless single is 3 bars out of 5 and i go look at other connections and my neighbours i shows them with all green bars...Why is that? why does it show that i could connect to them and have all green bars but my own it shows that its 3 or 4 bars of 5.:confused:

·
Banned
548 Posts
Wifi G (802.11 G) is rated @ 54mbps and N is 110 mbps so there is no reason that you're not getting good rates within your expected speeds on wifi within your own residence, unless its interference. Unfortunately there are other factors that can slow down wifi, such as radio interference at the same frequency as wifi (2.4gHz). Things like bad fluorescent lamp ballasts including CFLs, older cordless phones, malfunctioning power company transformers, baby monitors and some wireless burglar alarms as well as too many wifi sources (routers) competing with each other in a particular area can all cause wifi speed degradation. If you know what channel your neighbours are using you can select another channel for your network. You can use software such as NetStumbeler to find what channel other wifi broadcasters are using in your area as well as find sources of interference.

- another TELUS tech

·
Banned
548 Posts
The Actiontec is a better WiFi performer than the D-link 3810. Additionally the Actiontec is 10/100/1000 ethernet and its WiFi is N not G. The Actiontec also has better default WiFi encryption, WPA2- AES vs the WEP of the D-Link

The Actiontec is black and the D-Link is silver. The Actiontec has two antennas and the D-Link has one.

- another TELUS tech

1 - 16 of 16 Posts