Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6416 phase III and it's fan has just failed ("EP00" error code). I'm not sure if Shaw will replace a box for that alone, but I was wondering what the current warranty replacement box is?

Right now my 6416 doesn't seem to be showing any other issues, so I wouldn't want to end up getting a Pace box that according to the forums seems to be a dud.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It can be anything but odds are either Motorola 3416 or Pace. If you are lucky ... very lucky ... you may get one of new DX3400 models.

·
Registered
434 Posts
When my 6416 died in September, the tech replaced it with a Pace Aspen. He said they were trying to get rid of all MPEG2 boxes in favor of MPEG4 so that's either a Pace (most likely) or a DCX3400.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have a 6416 phase III and it's fan has just failed ("EP00" error code). I'm not sure if Shaw will replace a box for that alone, but I was wondering what the current warranty replacement box is?

Right now my 6416 doesn't seem to be showing any other issues, so I wouldn't want to end up getting a Pace box that according to the forums seems to be a dud.
It really depends on what stock the warehouse/tech has at the time the replacement is needed. Assuming the DCT is under warranty (or you are a triple play customer with an extended warranty) then you would likely get a 6416 or 3416 Motorola as a replacement. If they are not available next would be a Pace 160GB PVR (Tahoe, Whistler, or Aspen) and if none of those are available next would be a DCX3400 or Pace Summit with Expander.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.