Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contact by a helpful person who indicated that I, a valued customer since 1994, would get a 30% discount if I guaranteed that I would not cancel. After discussing this further I did discover that it was actually only an additional 10% discount when coupled with bundling discounts that I already get and the penalty was actually double what I would have gotten in the first place.

If I am such a valuable client, why would they not just give this to me? They indicated that my bundling discount would expire (I was never told that). When I asked when, she told me Feb 2010. Yes, that was this year and then she said that even though it had expired, it was still showing on my account.

What is happening in the next year that could make me switch to a competitor? I have been a client since 1994. This was like looking a gift horse in the mouth and wondering what is the catch. I am not happy with the phone call, with the lack on knowledge of my account and not being recognized as a good customer without yet again signing on the dotted line.

This call was taped (or so they said) so someone should listen to it. Also wondering who actually monitors these postings or are we just talking to ourselves.

Tracy Byng

·
Super Moderator
56,560 Posts
This has been standard practice and has been discussed frequently in previous threads in this forum - see the many pricing threads. The previous bundling discounts have basically expired and people are being offered 30% (sometimes more) if they commit to 1 more year with Rogers.

Rogers does monitor this forum.

PS. Last year most people were offered 20% discounts for a one year commitment. Both of these offers are better than the Better Choice bundles that applied previously (5, 10, 15%), which also had a commitment requirement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tracy - This is Mary with the Rogers online communication team. Our team does read the forum, as we do many others. Being respectful of the terms and conditions of this forum, we only jump in if we can add value to the conversation.

Our team doesn't replace existing help lines - Customer Care and Technical Support are still the best places to start - but we do try to help where we can.

In your particular case, I don't have access to your account information so I can't comment on the specifics. If I understand correctly, you're frustrated with the experience and I'll be sure to share this information with the team. If you would like to discuss this further with someone, I can help get you in touch with the appropriate contact. Feel free to reach out to me via PM and I'll do what I can.

Take care,
Mary

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
What is happening in the next year that could make me switch to a competitor?
With all the new wireless providers and Bell/Telus' new network, ROgers want to bundle you to stop the losses.

Also Bell Fibe (coming soon) will likely see a loss for Rogers cable. They want to lock you into bundles and long term contracts to stop the losses.

Personally, I think bundling is criminal and should be outlawed like it is in many parts of the United States but that's a discussion for another thread!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was offered a similar deal for my internet today. They offered me a 20% savings, which sounded good until they told me if would over-ride my 15% bundle savings, and therefore would only add an additional 5% savings, but locked me in for the year.

Saving $3 a month to keep me locked in for a year didn't seem like a decent offer, because, as mentioned, Bell may be able to do better than them.

I was all set to switch my cable provider to Bell when Rogers was finally ready to match their price when I called to cancel. Of course, this offer would not be made to me until I was ready to leave, in typical Rogers fashion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts