Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts

Good news is the Jays Spring Training will be on tv. First Rogers broadcast I'm guessing is March 21st against the Yankees.

Bad news, Radio and TV being simulcast this season which is for sure a cost cutting move. The Leafs did this for a few years in the era when Leafs TV would show games and it wasn't great but we'll see what happens.

Curious if they brought 4K cameras to Dunedin, my guess is no games will be in 4K until the day they get back to Rogers Centre.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
TSN and TSN Direct subscribers have access to every game of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS, with coverage airing on TSN’s five national television feeds, and through live streaming on TSN.ca and the TSN app. TSN’s complete broadcast schedules are available at TSN.ca/NCAA.

TSN’s coverage of the men’s tournament begins with the play-in games on Thursday, March 18 at 6 p.m. ET, featuring teams vying to qualify for the remaining four spots in the tournament, and continues all the way to the championship game on Monday, April 5 at 9 p.m. ET. TSN’s coverage of the women’s tournament begins with the First Round on Sunday, March 21 at 11 a.m. ET, and continues all the way to the championship game on Sunday, April 4 at 6 p.m. ET.

TSN primes fans with a slate of ESPN preview programming, College Game Night: Bracketology, beginning Sunday, March 14 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2. The WOMEN’S SELECTION SPECIAL airs Monday, March 15 at 7 p.m. ET as well as the TOURNAMENT CHALLENGE MARATHON available on TSN.ca and the TSN app. On Tuesday, March 16, TSN’s complementary NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® programming also features the WOMEN’S BRACKET SPECIAL (7:30 p.m. ET on TSN5) followed by ESPN’s Jay Bilas: My Bracket is Better than Your Bracket (9 p.m. ET on TSN5). (Full Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Bell Media channels were running promos yesterday for the 2021 Masters Tournament from the Augusta National Golf Club starting Thursday, April 8 at 11 AM ET on TSN. CTV and CBS will have coverage on the weekend. Bell Media will probably issue a press release next week.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
MASTERS TOURNAMENT Canadian coverage begins with ESPN’s WEDNESDAY AT THE MASTERS, airing Wednesday, April 7 at 12 noon ET on TSN. Canada’s Sports Leader delivers expansive coverage of the opening rounds on Thursday, April 8 and Friday, April 9, with the third and final rounds airing on CTV and TSN on Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11. Visit TSN.ca/Golf for the complete broadcast schedule.

TSN AT THE MASTERS delivers extensive bonus feed coverage throughout the Tournament, beginning Thursday, April 8 at 11 a.m. ET, including dedicated live feeds of Featured Groups, Holes 15 and 16, and the famed Amen Corner, as well as highlights, analysis, and more. This extended coverage is also available for live streaming to TSN and TSN Direct subscribers through TSN.ca and the TSN app, where subscribers can also access the network’s multiplex video player, allowing fans to watch multiple feeds at once.

CTV’s coverage of the MASTERS TOURNAMENT is also available for live streaming to subscribers through CTV.ca and the CTV app. French-language coverage is available to RDS and RDS Direct subscribers on RDS and the RDS app.

See the full press release for more details.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I am hoping someone can explain this to me. TSN is carrying the Masters apps as listed above. Which is great. Then they have "TSN At the Masters." And they go from that to James Duthie in studio and Bob Weeks and Graham Delaet on site "to get you ready for network coverage", etc. I have always found this curious, because frankly I've never really found(and this goes for any broadcast where they come back to the studio from coverage that is not their own) much value to this. Does doing this get around Canadian content rules?

I get a number of people love to cover it, but from a cost perspective, and given how they cheap out on so many other things(ie, showing 35 reruns of sportscentre when there are some live sports on), I just don't get why they would do that. Cancon has been the only thing I can come up with, but if there is someone with some knowledge I would be very curious to know.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Bell Fibe currently has Willow TV on free preview for anyone wanting to catch this year's IPL. The tournament started yesterday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So I am hoping someone can explain this to me. TSN is carrying the Masters apps as listed above. Which is great. Then they have "TSN At the Masters." And they go from that to James Duthie in studio and Bob Weeks and Graham Delaet on site "to get you ready for network coverage", etc. I have always found this curious, because frankly I've never really found(and this goes for any broadcast where they come back to the studio from coverage that is not their own) much value to this. Does doing this get around Canadian content rules?

I get a number of people love to cover it, but from a cost perspective, and given how they cheap out on so many other things(ie, showing 35 reruns of sportscentre when there are some live sports on), I just don't get why they would do that. Cancon has been the only thing I can come up with, but if there is someone with some knowledge I would be very curious to know.
Duthie usually goes to the Masters every year, didn't go this year because TradeCenter is on Monday, he didn't want to travel to the US and then come back and sit in a studio with 20 other people for 10 hours. As far as the actual golf programming, I have no idea as I don't watch it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Duthie usually goes to the Masters every year, didn't go this year because TradeCenter is on Monday, he didn't want to travel to the US and then come back and sit in a studio with 20 other people for 10 hours. As far as the actual golf programming, I have no idea as I don't watch it.
OK, take sportsnet carrying an NBCSN hockey broadcast, but the intermissions are the sportsnet people rather than NBCSN. Does that make it "canadian content" by doing that? Or was it cancon all along?

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
PBR Extends Broadcast Partnership with TSN for 2021-22 Seasons

PBR (Professional Bull Riders) Canada has extended its broadcast agreement with TSN for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

In 2021, TSN delivers 32 weeks of PBR programming, with he first five weeks of Unleash The Beast action airing weekly on Tuesdays from April 27-May 25.

On September 7, TSN will air the first PBR Canada Cup Series program of 2021, and will subsequently deliver all the tour stops from the nation’s premier bull riding series weekly through November 2. The 2021 slate of Canadian program will culminate with the historic LIVE, two-hour PBR Canada Finals on November 13.The year’s coverage will then conclude with three Unleash The Beast events, including a two-hour special recapping the 2021 PBR World Finals on November 30.

Stay tuned to PBRCanada.com and TSN.ca for scheduling updates.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts