Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
the only possible sports that might still happen could possibly be fishing? i dunno tho cus of social distancing? but im sure they could pull it off but ya expect all re-runs of matches or re-runs of sports news casts over and over and over

·
Super Moderator
4,478 Posts
The only live sport I saw the weekend was a same day replay of Aussie Rules Football on TSN.
It was a close match.

·
Super Moderator
16,404 Posts
I posted news of live sports cancellations and alternative programming in Multi-Network Schedule Changes.

Repeats of Bianca Andreescu and Milos Raonic tennis matches on TSN.

From Friday, March 20 to Sunday, April 12, Sportsnet and TSN will alternate coverage in prime time of the Raptors post-season.

Also from the free preview thread: Sportsnet and the NHL are making NHL LIVE, Sportsnet’s exclusive hockey streaming service, free for all Canadians until April 30 to watch on-demand every NHL game played to-date from the current season.

If I see any new sports announcements, I'll post in this thread.

·
Registered
165 Posts
TSN has been airing American Sports Center which has actually been fantastic!! I'm hoping they keep this up when the pandemic is over!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Marble racing may just take off....
Been a big fan of Jelle's Marble Runs for a while since its something I can enjoy with my son, but he's getting his moment in the spotlight right now with Marbula 1 being about the only sport going.

·
Registered
967 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Bell does about the remaining weeks of NHL Centre Ice and NBA League Pass should those two seasons be postponed.

·
Super Moderator
16,404 Posts
I saw this on Shaw Cable a couple of days ago:

"The National Hockey League (NHL) announced that they have paused the remaining 2019-2020 season until further notice in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is a precautionary measure and the hope is to resume play as soon as is appropriate.

In light of this news, The Race for the Cup package will be removed from customer accounts in the coming days and a refund will be applied."

·
Registered
823 Posts
Seriously, nothing live. What were you expecting? I'm wondering when they're going to throw in the towel and start broadcasting esports.
Actually, I haven't watched team electronic sports, yet, but it may be something interesting to watch during this Covid-19 shut down of traditional sports.

·
Registered
609 Posts
@mgut, we're going to have to disagree. The unfortunately misspelled "SportsCenter" is at best a snoozefest, but most of the time sucks major donkey anatomy. :eek:

I've watched it for the past week, and until yesterday with the rumours of the Tokyo games being postponed, it was made up of ~15% extra commercial time (over what SportsCentre carries), ~25% Tom Brady, ~10% Cam Newton, ~40% other No Fun League free agency material (this one's sort of understandable, but still boring and useless to us) ~5% college basketball and ~ 5% NBA.

The past two days have had a few brief segments on the postponement of the Summer Olympics, but other than that, nothing on what's (not) happening in hockey or any international sports.

Yes, I know it's 'only' sports... but it's one more glowing (or glaring) example of how fortunate we are to be living this side of the border! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
We can agree to disagree, I'm a huge football fan and would rather get NFL news than hockey. I like both but NFL free agency is more interesting than a season pause in hockey with nothing new going on. I think during the non-pandemic season, having both options to watch would be great!

·
Registered
989 Posts
CBS is showing some old NCAA March Madness games too. I might watch that Steve Nash 1993 game. That's on Sunday at 2pm PT. Are there any others with Canadian content coming up?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts