Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happen to interactive TV? You know like getting different camera angles for hockey games. That was all the rage about a decade ago now I don't hear about it anymore!

·
Registered
954 Posts
NBC still does it via their website during Sunday Night Football. Proxy up and connect your computer to your TV and you're set to go!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I just don't think it's that interesting for most people. When you're watching a game, the production crew has every camera angle and puts a lot of work into picking the best ones for any given play. I just want to sit with a beer and enjoy it, not shuffle around trying to find the angle myself when someone else is doing it already.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I just don't think it's that interesting for most people. When you're watching a game, the production crew has every camera angle and puts a lot of work into picking the best ones for any given play. I just want to sit with a beer and enjoy it, not shuffle around trying to find the angle myself when someone else is doing it already.
I agree. It might be nice to PVR all the angles and then create my own replay, but for live coverage I would rather let them pick the best one. If I were to do it, by the time I found the angle I wanted the play would have moved on.

They could do it to provide different general options like stick with high centre all the time or let switch cameras to suit peoples preferences, but it might not be worth the bandwidth required since most people likely wouldn't even know how to do that. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts