Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
To burn in it would take weeks if not months on the same image. You should be fine. Are you sure its not just in stretch mode with the composite cables? I'm pretty sure that the Wdiescreen mode can't be enabled without the component cables. Check in the Wii's setup menu.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just a heads up if you're still looking for Wii games: Rogers Video is selling used Wii games at 2 for $30 (until Dec. 31). Depending on the selection at your local store, you might be able to get some good/recent titles at a great price.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Got a Wii for the kids yesterday and hooked it up by component. Just a reminder that in the screen set up you need to change not only the aspect to 16X9 but also the resolution output to 480P which is the max available. 1080i would have been nice ! Regardless, a great system !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have my Wii hooked up to my Samsung Plasma since last Christmas. I have never had any issues. I always make certain to shut tv off after use and limite use to Wii playing for no more than 3-4 hours (Good idea regardless of burn in issues).

As extra safety I use the sleep feature and set it at 180 minutes to ensure the TV shuts of in case the kids forget.

·
Registered
461 Posts
To burn in it would take weeks if not months on the same image. You should be fine. Are you sure its not just in stretch mode with the composite cables? I'm pretty sure that the Wdiescreen mode can't be enabled without the component cables. Check in the Wii's setup menu.
I have mine hooked up with the stock cables that came with it. I recall a setting on the Wii for screen shape 4:3 or 16:9. I chose 16:9 and the Wii games fill the screen.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts