Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, I came across (2) 3100 receivers, and (1) 5900 receiver.

I have no idea what I can do with them. Should I give them back to Bell ExpressVu?

I have Rogers cable at home.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Are they rental units? Are they units you owned? If owned units you could sell them. May not get much for the 3100 but the 5900 might get something.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Value would also depend of the Smart Cards being current.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out they were rented.

They came to me through a 3rd party, which makes me the 4th party. I'm going to try to get in touch with the original owner by backtracking.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I would just ask Bell for return packaging and send the receivers to them. Bell is the owner so giving them to anyone else doesn't make sense. Alternately, you might just leave them at a Bell store if there is one nearby.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about that, but truthfully, I don't trust Bell as far as I can throw them.

My interpretation of due diligence is to give the original renter a chance to deal with their outstanding account. Keeping me in the loop doesn't serve any purpose, afaiac.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The shipping labels provided by Bell have a tracking number so that provides proof of receipt. I would never ship anything that expensive without tracking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not so much the shipping. I left Bell home phone because of billing errors. I don't have confidence that they'll apply the credit to the proper account.

If I can get hold of the original owners, then they will know that the credit has been applied.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Just so you follow the way Bell TV are running the returns of Rentals, they wil issue the Receivers to a Company to try to recover the receivers from the address they were rented at. If they have moved, Bell will proceed to send the account to a collection agency.

If they find the customer home, the receivers are taken, a receipt is issued and the collection agency is not involved.

The costs involved for none return are high, Bell change the full landed cost of a receiver, I can't remember all the charges but I seem to recall that a 9200/9242/9241 is about $848.00.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have not had to return anything to Bell but if they are like Cogeco the customer was charged within 30 days of the receivers not being returned. Since you have had them for 'some time' the customer has probably already paid for them or has skipped out on Bell. I would just return them to Bell anonymously. If you wanted to get sticky they could charge you with possession of stolen properly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
seems a little funny....why would they activate a "missing" or stolen receiver?
as far as bell is concerned they must be your receivers? if you bought them..sell them...if you rented them return them, or you may be stuck with a bill. the "origanal" owner has already been dealt with or the receivers would not have been activated.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The OP never said they were activated, in fact he even says he has Rogers Cable.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts