Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me in a quick answer what are the main difference between the Pace DC758D and Motorola DCX3400 and also what model i should get? thanks in advance

·
Registered
491 Posts
After owning three Motorola 64xx DVRs which I traded in for Pace units I threw out the Pace boxes and went with Moto 3400 units again. Happy as a clam.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I quite like the 3400. One thing to watch out for is the 3400 has issues with recording mpeg4. So if you want gameday ticket or centre ice, and plan to record games.... you might want the pace. Its probably only a matter of time until it gets fixed. That'd be the only reason I'd tell someone to get a pace.

Lucky for me I can stand watching recorded sports. I'd rather watch half a game.. then watch it delayed....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent seen on shaws website if you can rent the motorola dcx3400 on a monthly fee instead of paying 350 at once is there such a choice to to do the monthly rental plan?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You can rental a DCX3400 for $24.95/month. There is no rent to own option though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the same situation. The Pace with 1GB expander and the Moto with 500GB are both $350.

The extra 500GB sounds awesome, but I'm concerned about the quality of the Pace.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There's really nothing left to debate: the Motorola is the superior device. Start with that and upgrade storage later.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stay away from the pace, just read the forums and you will see nothing but unhappy people. Less than 6 months of having mine I had to have it replaced. The tech went through several boxes just to find one that even worked. He ended up having to grab a new one because none of the used ones would work. You will see lot of people having to have the boxes replaced 3 or 4 times. Also firmware updates are very slowly released.

I have not had any of the HD Motorola but I have had the SD ones for about 10 or 12 years and never once have they broke down.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Consensus seems to be Moto so I am closing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.