Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the majors have released new browsers recently so which of these have you tried and which one is your favourite and why?

• Firefox 4
  • Google Chrome 10
  • IE 9
  • Opera 11
  • Safari 5

Please Read before posting

If you have not tried at least three of these NEW browsers, then please don't comment this thread.

The purpose of the thread is to compare features of the most recent versions of the browsers. Don't compare the latest IE with an old firefox or vice versa.

We don't care what you think of Firefox 1-3, IE 1-8, Chrome 1-9, Opera 1 to 10 or Safari 1-4, just the latest versions.

Restrict your discussion only to the new browsers.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have experience with latest versions of Google, Opera and Firefox.

I use two browsers Google and Opera.

Today I downloaded Firefox 4 to see if anything would make me consider switching one of them. I was surprised at how Firefox now looks almost identical to Chrome. I had to look twice (to see the Firefox dropdown) to realize it wasn't Chrome.

After an hour of use, I found Firefox to be a very good browser but could not find anything that would compel me to move away from Chrome or Opera.

I checked out Safari 5 recently but did not think it performed anywhere near as well as Chrome or Opera. I am set up for Chrome now with my Google sign on so all my bookmarks follow me so I can't see changing for that reason alone.

Still can't comment on IE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.