Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The thing about Skype is that Skype was one of the first video calling apps, but it was not created for video calling, they just added the functionality, it was an app that was meant to call other Skype users for free and the rare instance you needed to call a landline you could call for a reduced fee based on credits you bought. but ya I do not know anyone who uses Skype to actually call landlines anymore but yes everyone calls other Skype users. I had a Skype account for like what ? close to 15 years now? it was good at the time, but yes the apps were flaky at times, but since Microsoft bought them, anyone with a Microsoft owned email has access to Skype and no need to create a separate Skype ID and password, or you can do what I did was merge my Skype username into my Microsoft account. Skype was indeed good at the time, but now most phones come pre-installed with apps like Google Duo, Google Meets, or face time, these are slowly taking over the market place. Skype is still good I know a lot of businesses who use Skype cus there is a Skype for business. I had a Skype Lite client on my phone it was early access so it was not available to the general public but I did use it and the lite version was actually very clean and user friendly and easy to use and simple, but people stopped using Skype around that time in favour of google duo and face time etc. So I saved my self the hassle and uninstalled it for now. I can always re-install it if i ever want later.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
several new apps like Zoom
According to what I heard on the news this morning, Zoom bombing is still a problem.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts