Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Someone should start a sticky on "What have you watched on Netflix recently"
It would help me find some content that I may otherwise over look.

I watched season 1 of Justified and it was great!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have watched so far, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog(A+). the 1st 2 episodes of Coupling and About a Boy(big Nick Hornby fan but had never seen it).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Currently watching Madmen season 3. Have watched a bunch of old movies, Teen Wolf, Bad Boys, Fletch I and II, Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke (I remember how much i loved this movie when i was younger, it is pretty bad seeing it again), and American History X. My kids have also watched a bunch of the cartoons.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My kids and I are watching "Soap" right now.
I was really happy to discover this on Netflix.
I'm quite surprised at how much my kids are enjoying it, considering it's very dated look.
I remember how controversial this show was at the time, back when I was a kid.
Truly, one of the greatest ensemble casts ever.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I like "Twilight Zone'esque" types of movies with twists (especially horror). I've seen so many but the first movie I watched on Netflix was one that I'd never heard of called Dead End {about a family trapped on a never ending road at night with ghostly killers in the woods}. Kinda like a TZ episode padded out for 90 minutes. And with some great witty/sarcastic dialog. Really enjoyed it.

Always looking for recommendations for movies like that :D.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Oh and a similar sort of movie that keeps you guessing to the end but was more of a mystery, definitely not a horror, and from the new releases section: Exam {Eight job applicants sequestered to a room to complete the final exam question before the winning candidate is chosen}. Enjoyed that a lot as well.

I also will admit that I watched The Human Centipede {I think the name says it all - not going into a further synopsis} on Neflix. Conceptually really grotesque but the horror of the situation actually made for a pretty good movie. Sure, lots of flaws with it and yes yes yes, it's really a gross idea but the horrific-ness of the situation kept me intrigued.

Always looking for recommendations along the lines of the three I've mentioned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm watching the Terry Jones series "Medieval Lives," and just finished "Becoming Human" series on human evolution. Very interesting.

I'm also in the middle of Series 2 of MI-5. The episode "I Spy Apocalypse" blew me away!!

Watched Spy Game for the first time in years. Great movie!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Wife and I watched Jekyll this weekend. Very good bit of a bad ending, but the lead actor James Nesbitt is amazing in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since it's close to Halloween, had to watch The Return of the Living Dead, great classic from the 80's. Shuttle was pretty good, along with the pretty scary [Rec], the original Spanish version of Quarantine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We just finished watching Season 1 of My Boys and are starting Season 2. It's a half hour sitcom based around a group of friends and the funny stuff they get up to. It's pretty funny and quite witty. Jim Gaffigan's character is a good laugh.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm watching some direct to video Jean Claude Van Damme stuff right now (surprisingly not bad and made me missed this 80's/90's genre). Watched Big Trouble Little China the other day and that film remarkably stands up.

For thanksgiving we watched ThanksKilling about a possessed killer turkey that rapes and murders co-eds. As you can tell we're using it primarily for bad taste films :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I watched Weeds season 1 & 2 this weekend. Chewed up 14Gb of bandwidth. :eek:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I've watched Season 1,2 and part of 3 of Mad Men.

I've watched episode 2 of Greatest American Hero (can't find episode 1, but not sure I want to anyways).

I've watched - 12 monkeys, The Illusionist, many episodes of Monk and more recently, one of my favorite movies, Ground Hog Day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts