Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

What frequency im running on?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ctown6412 
#1 ·
Okay I have a pretty simple question. I know Telus HSPA runs on 850/1900 BUT is there any apps or way of telling what frequency I am running on at a specific location? I ask as I need to add a repeater inside my office build as the cell reception is terrible! but I dont really want to buy both frequencies if I can figure out what is being used in this location. Is 1900 the standard for Calgary?

I have tried a few android apps but non thus far have shown the frequency best I could get was data is on UMTS and ca HSDPA.

So should I just get a 1900 and hope its right or figure out how to tell what im running on here

#5 ·
That being said I did find a dual band repeater That is only about $350 with shipping so I might just go that route and hope its stong enough for the office. as compared to a bit more robust system

Just read some reviews on the Zboost I was thinking of, well does not sound so good so sounds like back to single band for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.