Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a Bell Fibe community service box / switch looks like? I'm trying to find one near my house.

A bit of back story, I had a Fibe TV and internet install booked two weeks ago. I have Fibre to the home in my new sub-division, but the installer said the switch isn't hooked up yet. He drove around looking for it, but couldn't find it.

Last night, I received a phone call from Bell asking why the install didn't happen. I told them what the tech said, there is no service box / switch set up in my new neighborhood yet.

Today, I get a call from the same guy that called me last night. He said he talked to the department responsible for building the network, and they said that as of yesterday, a switch is in place.

I walked around my area, and I found a concrete slab not even a block away from me that says "Bell" on it. It has an access hatch. Is this the switch? Or is this the slab that a switch will eventually be installed on?

I can't see it being an underground installation, which makes me think that the guy I talked to today didn't really know what he was talking about. I would think that this slab is there waiting for a box to be installed on it, and all of the underground wires will be pulled up through the hatch and into the box.

Does anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The boxes I have seen are green, sitting on concrete slab, and are about 5' high and about the same width. The one I am connected to is about 3 blocks from my house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts