Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
...The new A28 code release did help a little bit as it keeps track of recently watched (and deleted) shows and will not record them again. ...
I can see this becoming a problem, too, depending on the parameters used to determine what has been recorded or deleted. If it uses just the guide description, you might only get one episode recorded if you watch it and then delete it as so many listings do not contain detailed information. Perhaps there is some coded info that does not display in the guide but I can't imagine why it would not be shown if it was there. As previously mentioned, Season and Episode numbers would simplify this immensely.

As for how I record a single episode, I set a timed series recording. This records the same day/channel/time each week. The problem with this is there is still a chance you will miss the show you want if it is preempted and you will get repeats once the new shows have ended, or an entirely different show if it is replaced. Another problem is, if you have a Pace Aspen, you can't delete this type of recording. I set one up to record 'Bullrun' last season and it still records the timeslot I chose, despite not showing up in any list of 'future recordings' or 'series' recordings. I have been told a full reboot will be required to correct this but I would also lose all my other recordings so, for now, I just have to remember to delete that recording each week. I'm hoping this has been solved with the new guide but I'm not holding my breath(as usual).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.