Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying 2 used 6131 receivers for my new place.
I would rather do the installation of the dish so that I know how it all works, as opposed to just relying on an installer and never understanding how the whole system works.

I have installed bell single LNB dishes when I have moved houses, but have never dealt with dual LNB's or multi switches, so unsure of what I need.

What model of dish (Bell or Dish Network) would make for the easiest setup for 2 Telus 6131 receivers? Do I need a multi switch to run 2 receivers and if so what multi switch do I need.

The sticky at the top of the forum says that you can't use Bell dish with Telus receiver, however other threads seem to indicate you can.

Have heard rumors from others that installers have had to run special coaxial cable. Can someone confirm or deny this. If different coaxial is required, how do I tell if my new house (built 6 years ago) has the correct coaxial.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
If memory serves right I would say to run a 20" dish with a dish pro plus(?) lnb.

That way you wouldn't need a switch or anything.

I think 18"ers don't hit the second satellite.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
A standard Bell 20" will work. A DPP LNB will work as will two legacy dual LNBs with two SW21s or a SW44. Installation is covered in the installation threads which should provide the answers to any more questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts