Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Time Trap - Hastily-organized by his students, an expedition into a cavern to rescue Professor Hopper winds up becoming a nightmare of temporal proportions.

Comments: This was a low-budget, poorly-scripted and weakly-acted sci-fi flick with a nifty premise and just enough interesting moments in it to keep me hooked to the very end of its thankfully-short, 90-minute run time.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Bright - LAPD cop Daryl Ward and his despised Orc partner, Nick Jakoby, have their hands full securing a magic wand in order to prevent the return of the Dark Lord, all the while doing their best not to get killed by rogue cops, rogue Elves, gang-bangers, an Orc clan or each other.

Comments: The premise of this movie seemed interesting but the execution was a complete mess - a seemingly directionless mish-mash of ideas, characters, socio-political commentary and simplistic humour. What a waste.

(n)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Just finished watching Sons of Anarchy...all 7 seasons (92 episodes) in 6 weeks...hope Covid ends soon.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Venom - A Life Foundation spaceship with voracious alien symbiotes aboard crashes upon return to Earth. The symbiote Venom finds its way into the body of investigative journalist Eddie Brock and eventually becomes one of the good guys. Madman and Life Foundation CEO Carlton Drake wants Venom back under his control, but that's easier said than done until the equally-but-differently-mad symbiote Riot enters his body and agrees to help him out in exchange for Drake's assistance in bringing many more of Riot's kind to Earth. The fight for mankind's future is on.

Comments: I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I found this to be an easy-to-watch and enjoyable sci-fi flick, thanks in no small part to another fine performance by Tom Hardy. It also didn't hurt that (as far as I could tell) the movie was mercifully free of tie-ins to the MCU.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last week I watched Normal People on Gem Premium. Switched to premium after first episode with interruptions for commercials.
Definitely worth the 5$ a month and whatever the tax is to not have interruptions.
Very intense, acting is superb from not only the two main characters but the entire cast.

·
Registered
989 Posts
A series that I enjoyed was also on CBC Gem, the first two seasons of “Fortitude”. I also sprang for the Premium edition of Gem, to avoid the ads. The fInal season 3, which only has 4 episodes, is on Superchannel.

·
Registered
151 Posts
@David1953,

Good to hear you enjoyed first two seasons of Fortitude, I have both seasons on bluray but haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

I am now in the middle of watching an Australian dramedy, Family Law. Also on Gem.
Anyone who likes Kim's Convenience, might enjoy this series Chinese Australian style.
Only 6 episodes per season.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last night I started watching 'Heartland' on CBC Gem, really enjoyed it.
Seems to be Canada's answer to McLeod's Daughters which I also enjoyed.
With 214 episodes so far, looks like I won't run out of things to watch for awhile.
Too bad the Gem app is so clunky, am hoping it gets an update soon.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Enola Holmes - Sherlock and Mycroft's younger sister must evade her meddlesome brothers, find her own path and follow the clues in order to solve a pair of mysteries, ensure the reform of England and locate her missing mother in the bustling streets of London.

Comments: This movie was fluffy and chock full of in-your-face wokeness and postmodernism, but it was an easy watch thanks to the likeable Millie Bobby Brown and to Dash the pinecone.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Enola Holmes - Sherlock and Mycroft's younger sister must evade her meddlesome brothers, find her own path and follow the clues in order to solve a pair of mysteries, ensure the reform of England and locate her missing mother in the bustling streets of London.

Comments: This movie was fluffy and chock full of in-your-face wokeness and postmodernism, but it was an easy watch thanks to the likeable Millie Bobby Brown and to Dash the pinecone.
Yeah, I thought she was quality for sure, and breaking the 4th wall worked nicely. Having Superman as Sherlock didn’t hurt either. Look forward to more stories...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Netflix series. Sex Education. Weird but funny. Crazy kids in a fictional British school.
Some people would not let their teenagers watch it but I think it should be watched by teens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime Video. Basically an extended caper flick about an ex-con who impersonates his ex-cellmate in order to hide out from a mob boss. He gets involved with the cellmate's family who, it turns out, have their own issues with the mob and various shady characters. Fun ensues as everyone gets in over their heads and Pete must get both himself and them out of trouble without getting caught and sent back to prison. Fans of caper movies will likely enjoy it even though it's a bit uneven and unbelievable at times.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Over the Moon - A young girl flies to the moon only to learn that if you can't be with the one you love, love the ones you're with.

Comments: Despite its colourful and even psychedelic animation, this movie was a chore to sit through thanks to a small story padded with a series of musical numbers, pointless adventure and far too many irritating characters.

(n)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan on Prime Video. Enough said.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: Delivery of Prodigious Bribe to American Regime for Make Benefit Once Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan on Prime Video. Enough said.
I also watched: BORДT: Subsequent Moviefilm on Amazon Prime.

Was prettt funny. Esp the Rudy Giuliani scene

141 - 160 of 204 Posts