Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
561 - 580 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Half way through 'As We See It" on Amazon Prime.
Follows Violet, Harrison and Jack who are on the autism spectrum trying to keep jobs, find love and friendship.
Am really enjoying it and am happy to say there will be a season 2.
There are only 8 half hour episodes in Season 1.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Season 2 of Russian Doll is on my list for tonight…stay tuned: like this last season of Better Call Saul, too much time may have passed between seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have yet to see any of the series but also have not watched any Breaking Bad.
Now I am not sure which I should start first, Better Call Saul is a prequel to Breaking Bad?

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
They are separate stories with some character overlap. It doesn't really matter in which order they are watched. Mine will like be Breaking Bad (because it was first), Better Call Saul (prequel aired later), and Breaking Bad again.

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 · (Edited)
Signal (Netflix)

I really wanted to like this show as the premise was kind of cool, but mid-way through the third taxing episode (out of 16) I'd had enough. The acting is mediocre at best, but the writing is terrible and causes the show to lurch between being:
  • reasonably serious and dramatic on the one hand (good); and
  • gratingly slapstick and buffoonish on the other (not good).
Too bad. :poop:

On to the next (and, hopefully, better)! :)

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 · (Edited)
Predestination (Netflix)

Synopsis: The final assignment given to the Temporal Agency's best operative proves to be his greatest challenge...again.

Comments: Although billed as a "science fiction action thriller" (Wiki), the first ~50 minutes of this ~95-minute sci-fi drama were almost exclusively dialogue and exposition. The remaining 45 minutes built steadily on that foundation. Great premise, interesting story, some good twists and a wonderful performance by Sarah Snook.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Started watching ' A Very English Scandal', on Amazon Prime last night, will finish last 2 episodes tonight.
Hugh Grant has the time of his life as the former Liberal leader who faced trial for conspiracy to murder.
He is so good at playing such a vile person.
The entire cast is wonderful.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Started watching ' A Very English Scandal', on Amazon Prime last night, will finish last 2 episodes tonight.
Hugh Grant has the time of his life as the former Liberal leader who faced trial for conspiracy to murder.
He is so good at playing such a vile person.
The entire cast is wonderful.
Finished this last night. I think it might be the best thing I have watched so far this year, maybe even longer.
Absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Watching 'Heartstopper' on Netflix.
It is absolutely lovely, the entire cast is wonderful.
I had a big silly smile on my face the entire time I was watching.
Only 8 x 30minute episodes.

Heartstopper is pretty easily described: an LGBTQ+ coming-of-age romance between Nick, played by Kit Connor (His Dark Materials, Rocketman), and Charlie, played by newcomer Joe Locke. The story, centered around a group of teenagers at a British all-boys grammar school, has been adapted by YA author and illustrator Alice Oseman from their graphic novels of the same name.

561 - 580 of 600 Posts