Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
The Vast of Night (Amazon Prime) :((n)

Synopsis: Mysterious forces centered on 1950s Cayuga, New Mexico, cause two annoying young people to scurry about the small town feverishly.

Comments: This dismal little movie felt like someone took a 20-minute "Twilight Zone" reject and padded it with almost 70 minutes of monologue, dialogue and running around. There wasn't even a decent payoff to make up for the agony of sitting through this turd.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I really enjoyed the first episode of season 2 with Minnie Driver and the old sportscar. Probably my favourite of the series.
So far the first episode of Season 2 is my favourite too and Minnie Driver is not exactly one of my favourite actors.
Tonight I watched the episode with Anna Paquin ( almost said Sookie Stackhouse haha) and really liked it too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Watched first two eppies of Flowers on Netflix last night.
By the end of the second episode I think I am getting the idea of it and even laughed a couple of times.
Can say it is not quite what I was expecting which is not necessarily a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 · (Edited)
Kate (Netflix) (n)

Synopsis: Terminally poisoned by the head of a Japanese crime family whose son she had killed months ago, and with only one day left to live, Kate - a highly-skilled assassin - uses the final hours of her life to track him down and exact revenge. Many, many people will die before her time is up.

Comments: Although the movie started off reasonably well and seemed like it might be interesting, Kate's improbable indestructibility, a fair amount of bad writing and a skyrocketing body count had me wishing it was over long before the final act.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was streaming Season 6 of Lucifer which was the final season and I finished binge watching the entire Season 6 of Lucifer yesterday. I loved Season 6 and I was glad for the conclusion to the series. I loved the Series finale. I am also going to be streaming Season 6 of Line of Duty on the Britbox channel on Amazon Prime Video.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just finished season 1 of Glitch, an Australian mystery /paranormal series.
7 people who have been dead for between 150 and 2 years emerge from their graves fully healthy.
One is the wife of a local policeman.

So far it is keeping my interest, there are 2 more 6 episode seasons to binge.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Just finished season 1 of Glitch, an Australian mystery /paranormal series.
7 people who have been dead for between 150 and 2 years emerge from their graves fully healthy.
One is the wife of a local policeman.

So far it is keeping my interest, there are 2 more 6 episode seasons to binge.
It started really well. It ended less so, but was still a fun show to watch. Later I watched Katla (Icelandic) and, while much darker, it did remind me of glitch in some ways, so check that out next.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Speaking of Icelandic shows (and I hope I hadn't brought it up previously -- I know I did in another forum), but Trapped was excellent.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It started really well. It ended less so, but was still a fun show to watch. Later I watched Katla (Icelandic) and, while much darker, it did remind me of glitch in some ways, so check that out next.
Thanks for the tip, I will add Katla to my list, also add Trapped while I'm at it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Finished last episode of Season 3 Glitch on Netflix last night.
Think I got through all 18 episodes in 7 days.
It did keep my interest until the end, just had to stop myself from nitpicking.;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Halfway through season 1 of Sex Education on Netflix.
It's not quite what I was expecting but am really enjoying it.
Gillian Anderson seems to be getting a lot of work, which is a good thing for me. I always enjoy her performances.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Halfway through season 1 of Sex Education on Netflix.
It's not quite what I was expecting but am really enjoying it.
Gillian Anderson seems to be getting a lot of work, which is a good thing for me. I always enjoy her performances.
Then you should check out The Fall (Anderson + Jamie Dornan). It is very good.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 · (Edited)
The Good Liar (Netflix)

Synopsis: A con man's elaborate attempt to swindle an elderly widow becomes considerably more complicated and significantly less rewarding than anticipated.

Comments: It started off as a lean little thriller/drama, but roughly half-way through it put on a fair bit of (unnecessary?) weight. Nevertheless, it was watchable and mostly interesting, and featured solid performances by Mirren and McKellen.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Travels with my Father - Netflix
A mismatched father and son travel to locations around the world. Its hilarious British humour...lots of laughs!!!

341 - 360 of 361 Posts