Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watching final season of Younger on Amazon Prime will finish tonight.
Only watching to see how it finishes before I see a spoiler.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
The Forever War, Prime Video. What would happen if the creatures from Alien landed on Earth? This movie might envision that. The production values are excellent, among the best I've seen when it comes to action movies and special effects. The acting is good as well. Unfortunately, the overall story left me less than satisfied and what should be suspense inducing scenes were more like watching an third person shooter game than being immersed in a truly suspenseful movie. Fans of sci-fi and action flicks will likely enjoy it though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watched first 5 episodes of Bump on CBC Gem last night, will finish last 5 episodes tonight.
It's an Australian 10 part series of around 28 minutes per episode.
I am enjoying it immensely and was very happy to see Claudia Karvan show up as one of the main characters.
Am also loving the music, well most of it.
Makes the 5$ a month for Gem definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 · (Edited)
The Neon Demon (Amazon Prime)

Synopsis: An ingénue fashion model catapulted to prominence by her genuineness falls victim to hubris and is quickly devoured by her rivals.

Comments: The first half of this movie was interesting and enjoyable; the second half sagged under the weight of its protracted artsiness. Too bad. Still, while it was nowhere near as good as Refn's "Drive" (one of my Top 10 movies), it was considerably better than his dud, "Only God Forgives". Good performances by the cast, however, particularly Malone and Fanning.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Finished Sweet Magnolias on Netflix, there's quite a bit of christian bits in it which surprised me.
I suppose the series is similar to a Hallmark series/movie.
Unfortunately, the last episode ended on a massive cliffhanger.
It's getting a second series but if it hadn't, it would have left viewers hanging. I suspect the makers do these cliffhangers to try and force second seasons.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Harrow, Disney+, 3 seasons. It's your typical 'rogue cop who breaks all the rules but is tolerated because he gets results' police procedural. It's one of the better Australian network shows I've seen. Decent acting and writing, and the Australian atmosphere, make it a worthwhile watch for fans of police dramas.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Harrow, Disney+, 3 seasons. It's your typical 'rogue cop who breaks all the rules but is tolerated because he gets results' police procedural. It's one of the better Australian network shows I've seen.
That's interesting to know Harrow has moved to Disney, too bad as I saw first two seasons on Amazon Prime and had been waiting for season 3 to show up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Harrow, Disney+, 3 seasons. It's your typical 'rogue cop who breaks all the rules but is tolerated because he gets results' police procedural. It's one of the better Australian network shows I've seen. Decent acting and writing, and the Australian atmosphere, make it a worthwhile watch for fans of police dramas.
Just to clarify, are you saying that Season 3 is finally showing on Disney + in Canada? I have been checking Just Watch Canada almost weekly and they show only seasons 1 & 2. Even today, it shows only 2 seasons available Hulu showed season 3 concurrently with the Australian TV broadcast earlier in the year., and I thought they forgot about adding season 3 in Canada. I will subscribe to Disney+ for a month to watch season 3 and White Collar reruns.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Nobody (Amazon Prime)

Synopsis: A humiliating home invasion re-ignites a long-dormant fire in former covert assassin Hutch Mansell. The severe beating he subsequently inflicts upon a gang of thugs brings him to the attention of local Russian mob boss Yulian Kuznetsov, whose younger brother was one of Hutch's victims. Kuznetsov's retaliation sparks a full-on war between the two men that nobody can possibly win.

Comments: This was an enjoyable action flick similar to John Wick in its levels of violence, blood and murder, but different in that it took itself much less seriously. At first glance, Bob Odenkirk seems like an odd casting decision, but he did a great job with the role. I look forward to a sequel that isn't more-is-less the way most sequels - including those in the J.W. series - tend to be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rewatched final episode season 2 of Virgin River to refresh my memory then 3 episodes of Season 3.
The writing doesn't seem as good this season, at least the diaglogue doesn't ( to me ).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am watching Hotel Hell on tubi tv.
This is a great Gordon Ramsay masterpiece.
He has mastered the f word and uses it when things do not meet his expectations.
If you are a Gordon Ramsay fan, do not miss this gem.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watched first half of season one of Never Have I Ever on Netflix last night.
Reckon I will finish both seasons by Monday night, am enjoying it immensely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Street Knight (c) 1993 Cannon Films ( 8PM MST July 17 on B-MOVIE TV on ROKU)
This is a great cop martial arts film starring Jeff Speakman .
One of the better Cannon Films action movies.
This movie was hosted by Ken "ACE" Brewer , on B-MOVIE TV classics.
All movies on B-MOVIE TV run commercial free , ( The commercials run between movies)

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 · (Edited)
Angel Has Fallen (Amazon Prime)

Synopsis: In a bid to get America back into the business of war, dark forces attempt to kill the President and to frame Secret Service agent Mike Banning as a Russia-backed assassin. The pressure's on for Banning to clear his name and save the President...or to die (hard) trying.

Comments: Entry #3 in the "Has Fallen" series is another big ol' slab of action-packed, shoot-'em-up, 'murica! cheese that - like the first two movies - is entirely watchable.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Skyscraper (Netflix)

Synopsis: Ex-Marine and -FBI agent Will Sawyer will do whatever it takes to rescue his family from the ultra-modern Hong Kong skyscraper a group of international terrorists has turned into a towering inferno.

Comments: Dwayne Johnson's tremendous likeability salvages an otherwise paint-by-numbers disaster-drama-action (disastedramaction?) flick chock full of slick CGI and truly astounding improbability.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watched first two episodes of Queen's Gambit on Netflix.
Have to say I am loving it and quite surprised at how much of the book is coming back to me, considering it was sometime in the 80's that I read it.
Am sorry to see there are only 7 episodes in the season but see that there is talk of a second season.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 · (Edited)
Wrath of Man (Netflix)

Synopsis: An armoured truck company's newest recruit is consumed by a dark secret that is going to get a large number of people killed.

Comments: This movie consisted of a lot of storytelling to tell a very small and only mildly-interesting story. "The Gentlemen" gave me hope, but Guy Ritchie has dashed it again. Truly disappointing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Falling Inn Love on Netflix, very cheesy and corny movie set in NewZealand.
Gilbert the goat steals the show.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts